Monday, August 15, 2011

Gerber Daisy

     Today is a rainy day- a sad sign that the summer is drawing to a close and I will soon have to return to school.  I decided to brighten up my day by making a fun summery card.  I love Gerber Daisies, and this one reminds me of them.
     First- I made an SVG file to cut it with Make the Cut.  Next, I cut each of the petals toward the center of the flower so I could get it to pop.  Then, I bent down each petal using a toothpick.  I also dusted the edges of the flowers with brown chalk so they would have some definition.  After that I stuck them together with foam squares and glued on a fun button.
For the background I used my handy dandy Cuttlebug (if you can't tell I love it) and embossed both colors together so that they would fit well.

     It may sound complicated, but I promise- it wasn't. 

Here is the SVG file- you just have to plug it in to Sure Cuts A Lot or Make The Cut, and Voila you have a Gerber Daisy

No comments: